Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Birthdays far from Home


First let me thank everybody who sent me birthday wishes, I really appreciate it and I miss you guys! (Sorry this is so late!!)


I survived my first “holiday”, if you will, away from the ones I love most.  I won’t lie and say it was easy, and I definitely felt the most homesick that I’ve felt here. Still, it was a great day all because my Mission family went out of their way to wish me a happy birthday.  Paige and Ashley got up early and fixed biscuits and gravy.   The smell alone took me back to mom’s kitchen.  After school, Alicia (the school nurse) gave me some chocolate cupcakes.  Which, by the way, were delicious! For supper we were at the Boyd’s house and Andrew (who is amazing at cooking) made a phenomenal cheesecake.  I was completely oblivious to all the preparation they had to do and so it was a complete surprise!

God has blessed me with simply incredible people! I was expecting (and perfectly at peace with) the day passing like any other, but it was a day full of love and generosity.  I only hope that soon I can give back.  
Lovely breakfast!! Thank you Paige & Ashley!

Food credit: Andrew Boyd!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You had some great food and surprises for your birthday! Andrew has a wonderful flare to the presenting of his fare! You are blessed with some great roomies and generous host family!!! Thought about you all day, with virtual hugs, love you!

    ReplyDelete